Every writer has their own method to their madness. Some write at the crack of dawn, others do their best work at night. Some need coffee to get their writing mojo going, while others don’t. (I’m not a coffee girl but I love a good iced coffee…especially when I am sitting down to write). And other authors need silence while some need music blasted while they work.
My writing playlist changes. It depends on my mood. It also depends on the type of piece I am writing. Angst/pain ridden scenes are usually when I listen to Seether. Fight scenes I usually listen to AC/DC or Metallica. Again, all depends on what I am feeling at the moment.
Here are some of my fave tunes to play while I write.
- The Devil and The Huntsman by Sam Lee and Daniel Pemberton. (This is from the King Arthur: Legend of the Sword soundtrack. I love the entire thing, but this song especially. Great for when I am working on one of my fantasy stories.)
- July Talk- Push + Pull. I have recently discovered this song thanks to my hubby. Most of the time I write to fast songs, and this is at the top of my playlist when I sit down these days.
- Love me like you do by Ellie Goulding. I love her voice and this song is usually playing when I am writing some sort of romance.
- Star ships by Nicki Minaj. Again, fast songs are big on my playlist.
- Thunderstruck by AC/DC. Another fast song and one that’s perfect for action scenes.
- Turbo Lover by Judas Priest.
- Drown by Theory of a Deadman. These guys are one of my fave bands, and I got to see them in concert two years ago. I always have a few of their songs playing when I write. Drown is one of my all time fave songs by them.
- Anything by Rhianna. I am not listing her songs simply because most of them are on my playlist. I tried to pick a fave for this list but that’s like asking me to pick my favorite book in the world.
- For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica.
- Crazy Bitch by Buck Cherry.
So, what’s on the top of your writing playlist? I would love to hear them in the comments! Maybe I will find some new faves to add to mine! 🙂